Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Voodoo Doll

Voodoo Dolls are a New Orleans tradition that come in many shapes and sizes. Most of these dolls are just decorative fun but there are some that practice Voodoo spells and they believe that by making the doll look like a person they can control what happens to that person. Often pins or needles are used to poke the doll and cause pain to the person it represents.

In my drawing I wanted the Voodoo Doll to look like it was alive and walking through some trees (I almost never draw trees with leaves) and I wanted to have something written on his shirt and so I chose New Orleans own Dash Rip Rock who are a Rock/Country/Punk band that will knock your socks off to be the words on the shirt. The colors are Prismacolor and Copic Markers with some touch up in Adobe Photoshop. I had some problems with the purple markers running out and had to use a mixture of several different ones and on the scan you can really tell but on the original it doesn't look all that much different.

I love the voodoo that you do,
Kevin Johnson
All artwork and contents of this blog are Copyright ©2011 Kevin P. Johnson - All rights reserved. Unless otherwise noted.


Voodoo Doll - Copyright © 2011 Kevin P. Johnson


No comments:

Post a Comment