Thursday, October 3, 2013

31 Monsters in 31 Days: Monster 1 - East Peoria Corn Worm

East Peoria Corn Worm - Copyright

OK so we're a bit late on the start of this project being that I was on a business trip to East Peoria, Illinois but I did get the first monster drawn while I was there. This guy is a made up creature that I thought of while in my hotel room so I decided to name him after the area. The East Peoria Corn Worm is a fierce and hungry creature that is know to appear in corn fields before the seeds are planted for the new crops to be grown. It is said that the worm will eat a farmer or a cow whole and slowly digest it's prey over the next year when it is time to feed again.

I should catch up on the drawings by the weekend.

This drawing was done in an 5.5" x 8.5" Strathmore (400 Series) 60 lb. paper sketchbook with Sakura Pigma Sensei pens and Copic Markers.

CornWorm4Life,
Kevin P. Johnson

All artwork and contents of this blog are Copyright ©2013 Kevin P. Johnson - All rights reserved. Unless otherwise noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment