Friday, October 11, 2013

31 Monsters in 31 Days: Monster 7 - One Eyed One Horn Flying Purple People Eater

One Eyed One Horn Flying Purple People Eater - Copyright ©2013 Kevin P. Johnson
So do you remember that old song from 1958 The Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley? Well I thought that I needed something new for this years crop of monsters and this one is fun. I wanted to add wings to him but I imagined them being really tiny on his back and as I said before I have been stuck on portraits for these (I think it's the paper size I'm using making me feel like I need to do them like this). Anyway I always loved the song and I thank Sheb Wooley for the inspiration.



This drawing was done in an 5.5" x 8.5" Strathmore (400 Series) 60 lb. paper sketchbook with Sharpie Marker and Copic Markers.


Thanks for looking,
Kevin P. Johnson

All artwork and contents of this blog are Copyright ©2013 Kevin P. Johnson - All rights reserved. Unless otherwise noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment