Saturday, September 15, 2012

Voodoo Girl

Hey there everyone,
This drawing is of a nude woman with Voodoo makeup on. I chose to leave here eyes white because I thought it might give it a kind of creepy or weird feel. Originally I planed on doing just the first color scheme with the orange hair but then decided to do two recolors in Adobe Photoshop with blue and green hair. I have included all three versions here as well as the black and white uncolored original.

This kind of makeup appears around New Orleans a lot during Mardi Gras and Halloween but you can see it almost year round at if you look closely. Superfans of the New Orleans Saints and arena football team the New Orleans Voodoo can bee seen wearing this makeup as well. I have not researched it's origins at this time (I should have) but I have always thought it looked cool.

These are 11" x 17" and are available as prints for $15.00 each or all three color versions for $35.00 (plus shipping and handling) contact me if you are interested.
 
 

 
Voodoo Girl (Orange) - Copyright 2012 Kevin P. Johnson
Voodoo Girl (Blue) - Copyright 2012 Kevin P. Johnson

Voodoo Girl (Green) - Copyright 2012 Kevin P. Johnson


Voodoo Girl (Black & White) - Copyright 2012 Kevin P. Johnson
Thanks for checking out the drawings,
Kevin P. Johnson
 All artwork and contents of this blog are Copyright ©2012 Kevin P. Johnson - All rights reserved. Unless otherwise noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment