Monday, October 8, 2012

31 Monsters in 31 Days: Day 8 Shadow Queen and Shadow People

Shadow Queen - Copyright ©2012 Kevin P. Johnson
Another monster returning from last years list is Shadow People but in this case I kind of thought up a story in my head and this is the Shadow Queen the ruthless leader of the Shadow World. Maybe I'll make a comic book about it someday. As for the queen she's the first female Shadow Person that I have drawn giving a gender to what had been a genderless creature as far as my drawings have gone.

In the drawing we just see a bust of the Shadow Queen win a less than happy look on her face (if she actually has a face) because I wanted it to feel like it could be a statue. The drawing is done with Copic Markers and Sharpie with Adobe Photoshop after on 11" x 14" Bristol Boar.

Below is another drawing I did earlier this year of the Shadow People:
Shadow People - Copyright ©2012 Kevin P. Johnson
This second drawing was done a few months ago but I could not find it and then by total accident it appeared when it was time to work on this post. I added the blue to it for this post but the drawing was finished long before the 31 Monsters in 31 Days project started.

This drawing is done with Copic Markers and Sharpie with Adobe Photoshop after on 11" x 17" Bristol Boar.

Leave the lights on . . . all of the lights,
Kevin P. Johnson
All artwork and contents of this blog are Copyright ©2012 Kevin P. Johnson - All rights reserved. Unless otherwise noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment