Sunday, October 28, 2012

31 Monsters in 31 Days: Day 28 Scorpion Man

Scorpion Man - Copyright © 2012 Kevin P. Johnson
The Scorpion Man is half man, half scorpion and all awesome . . . well maybe. I actually don't know much about these guys except that they serve as guards outside of the gates that protect Shamash the sun god. It seems to me that there is potential to use these monsters in more movies and pop culture.

When I was doing this drawing I honestly was hating it and was going to start over but I just started drawing in stuff with the Sharpie marker (I usually draw with pencil first) and then I just went fast and loose with the Copic Markers and it turned out as something I like a lot. I guess seeing a project through to the end is always a good idea.

This drawing was done  in an 5.5" x 8.5" Strathmore (400 Series) 60 lb. paper sketchbook with Sharpie Marker and Copic Markers.

Remember a scorpion will rock you like a hurricane,
Kevin P. Johnson

All artwork and contents of this blog are Copyright ©2012 Kevin P. Johnson - All rights reserved. Unless otherwise noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment