Saturday, October 20, 2012

31 Monsters in 31 Days: Day 20 Lusca (Giant Octopus)


Lusca - Copyright © 2012 Kevin P. Johnson
The Lusca is believed to be a giant octopus living in the waters of the Caribbean that is said to grow from 75 to 200 feet long and attacks ships and submarines. The giant octopus has never been found at these sizes and is probably just a rumor spread by fisherman. Now after I did this drawing I came across a different version of the Lusca that I wish I had drawn that being a giant half shark half octopus creature found in the Bahamas. The tale of that version of the Lusca can be read about at the American Monsters website.

This drawing was done  in an 5.5" x 8.5" Strathmore (400 Series) 60 lb. paper sketchbook with Sharpie Marker and then colored later in Adobe Photoshop. I added a bit of texture to it to see how I liked that effect and it worked a bit like I wanted.

Eight is enough,
Kevin P. Johnson
All artwork and contents of this blog are Copyright ©2012 Kevin P. Johnson - All rights reserved. Unless otherwise noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment