Monday, October 1, 2012

31 Monsters In 31 Days: Day 1 The Loup Garou


The Loup Garou - Copyright ©2012 Kevin P. Johnson


The Loup Garou is an American version of the Werewolf found in the swamps and forest of Acadiana and New Orleans, Louisiana. Sometimes called the Rougarou this werewolf is a bit different than those in traditional stories because he can transform from human to beast at will as well as under the effects of the full moon and the creature is fully in control of its thoughts and actions as if it was still in it's human form.

Here is a link to read more about the Loup Garou

In this drawing my original thought was to do an action pose and as I usually do I talked myself out of it . . . I shouldn't do that and I will do some action in these 31 Monsters in 31 Days.

This drawing is Black and White and 11" x 17"

I may color this later on. I did experiment with the shading of the tree and the scan makes it look a lot better than I expected. I think most of these will get color but I'd rather color him by hand and not using Adobe Photoshop but who knows I may end up doing that as well.


Thanks for checking out my artwork,
Kevin P. Johnson

All artwork and contents of this blog are Copyright ©2011 Kevin P. Johnson - All rights reserved. Unless otherwise noted.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment