Thursday, October 13, 2011

31 Monsters in 31 Days: Day 13 - Aliens

Aliens . . . there are a lot of different options to go with when someone mentions aliens being that there are thousands of books and movies about these guys. One of the most commonly reported form of aliens are the Grey Aliens who were first written about in 1893 by H.G. Wells and have since been reported to be abductors of humans all over the world. Grey Aliens are basically humanoid with big black eyes, grey skin and often large heads but they usually lack a nose, ears and sex organs. These aliens are commonly said to take humans from their homes and into a space craft where they probe and experiment on the humans who are often returned to their homes with only memories of what happened.

Now there are probably a million websites out there featuring these guys so I'll suggest you start with Wikipedia and explore from there.

In my drawing I went with the basic Grey Alien who to me resembles Spider-Man without the webs. I also gave him suction cup fingers because I've seen these guys represented with them and without and it seems more alien to have them. I'm not sure why he's holding a smiley face ball in his hand except for that maybe its a gumball and he can't chew it because he has no mouth.

The colors are Copic Markers.

To quote the X-Files "I want to Believe,"
Kevin P. Johnson

All artwork and contents of this blog are Copyright ©2011 Kevin P. Johnson - All rights reserved. Unless otherwise noted.

Alien - Copyright © 2011 Kevin P. Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment