Saturday, October 22, 2011

31 Monsters in 31 Days: Day 22 - The Beast of Bray Road (Wisconsin's Werewolf)

So the Beast of Bray Road . . . never heard of it . . . me either. The beast is basically Wisconsin's version of the werewolf that was first reported in 1936. The basics on this creature is that he's about six feet tall and wolf-like with yellow eyes and three claws on his hands . . . like Wolverine from the comics I think. He is supposed to smell really bad and has only been heard to say the word "Gadarah" which is the biblical place where Jesus was said to perform most of his well known miracles. How the Beast of Bray Road crossed the ocean and ended up in Wisconsin is a mystery to me but you can read more about him at Unknown Creatures, or at The Cryptid Zoo.


In my drawing I intended to draw him with claws and everything and as I seem to do a lot I draw too big for the paper and filled the page with his head. For the most part this guy is the same as any other werewolf but he's got a neat story. The colors are Copic Markers.

Gadarah!
Kevin P. Johnson

All artwork and contents of this blog are Copyright ©2011 Kevin P. Johnson - All rights reserved. Unless otherwise noted.

The Beast of Bray Road - Copyright © 2011 Kevin P. Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment