Tuesday, October 4, 2011

31 Monsters in 31 Days: Day 4 - The Headless Horseman

The Headless Horseman . . . now that's a scary dude . . . well at least he scared me when I was a kid. The version I know is probably the same as most people as the character from The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. I first saw the story as a child in Disney's animated version of the story it both scared and intrigued me. The basic story of the Headless Horseman is that the horseman was the ghost of a soldier who's head was shot off by a cannonball and in search of a new head he finds Ichabod Crane on his way home after Crane hears a tale about the Headless Horseman told by his competitor for a love interest "Brom Bones." A great chase is had by the horseman after Ichabod and he disappears with neither being seen again.

Nervous Pumpkin Comics logo -
Copyright ©2011 Kevin P. Johnson


When I decided that I wanted to create comic books sometime in the early 2000's I decided that I would publish comics under the banner Nervous Pumpkin Comics and the mascot is a version of the headless horseman named Ick E. Bod. This was a play on both of the main characters from the story and I think is a pretty unique name to publish under. If anything the logo is really fun.

In my drawing I decided to just go with the Headless Horseman and unfortunately leave out his black horse because I was trying to get this post out today and I was running short on time. The colors are a combination of Prismacolor Markers and Copic Markers.


Watch your back and be sure your neck is attached the horseman is looking for you,
Kevin P. Johnson
All artwork and contents of this blog are Copyright ©2011 Kevin P. Johnson - All rights reserved. Unless otherwise noted.


The Headless Horseman - Copyright © 2011 Kevin P. Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment